This is one of my go-to soups for cold weather, and it is a family favorite. It is both hardy and flavorful, perfect when paired with some warm biscuits out of the oven or even some focaccia bread.
Simple Ground Turkey Rigatoni Soup: [ You could even do this in a crockpot- Just cook your meat first before tossing it into the crockpot] Ground Beef or Turkey [1-5 lbs] depending on how much you want to make.
1/2 a package of frozen spinach
1 pack of frozen peppers & onions
1 large fresh tomato
1 can of tomato paste
1 can tomato sauce or 1 can San Marzano tomatoes peeled
1 box of beef stock
1 box of rigatoni noodles
2 stalks of celery
1 tbs garlic
1 tbs black pepper
1-2 teaspoon salt
1 tbs paprika [ sweet or mild]
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1-2 cups of water
- Brown meat, add in pepper mix and cook for about 10 mins
- Add in celery, spinach, tomato quartered.
- Cook for another 10-15 mins.
- Stir off and on to make sure its not sticking to your pot.
- Drain meat.
- Add in beef stock, celery- chopped in crescents, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Once you have your soup stock going and everything stirred together bring to a slow boil and add in your seasonings.
- Let it slow simmer together, so the flavor profile has time to meld/build, for about 15 mins.
- Add 1-2 cups of water bring up to a boil, then add in your noodles to the soup.
- Cook until noodles are to your desired doneness. [Approx 10 more mins] If the soup is too thick for your liking add just a bit more water, season to taste and serve.
2 Comments Add yours