Cleansing Bath Rituals for the New Moon
Are you feeling out of balance and need to recharge yourself? Do you need to refresh and just hit that reset button for a minute?
Sounds like you might be in need of a cleansing bath! What a better time to do one than with the new moon on the horizon. There are many different ones you can do, to help recharge your mind, body and soul.
Set the mood, grab your candles, grab your incense, and your favorite tunes
Himalayan salt is excellent for cleansing bath rituals. Himalayan salt contains minerals like calcium, chloride, iron and potassium, as well as trace minerals like manganese, copper, selenium and zinc, which are great for your skin and body in small amounts. As they’re also unadulterated and unrefined, the energy of the ocean and earth is still instilled in Himalayan salt. As the ocean’s tide is pushed and pulled by the phases of the moon, it’s especially fitting to use Himalayan salt during the new moon.
What You’ll Need:
- Sage or palo santo or any incense that you feel cleanses your space and mind. [You can also use it for the smudging space step of this ritual]
- Abalone shell
- Himalayan Salt
- Crystals (optional)
- A feather (optional)
Serena Loves Cleansing Salt Bath Ritual
- Mix Himalayan Salt into hot water that is close to your body temperature. Aim for a 1% salt solution.
- Place the candle toward the foot of the bath.
- Place your crystals around the tub. For the new moon in Gemini, reach for Gemini crystals, like Moonstone, Aquamarine, Jade and Quartz Crystal.
- Place your smudging stick of choice on the abalone shell. The abalone shell is not only heatproof, it also brings the water element to the cleansing ritual.
- Light the smudging stick until it smolders, creating a nice smoke.
- Use your hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from the bottom of your feet up to above your head, then back down. Focus on a cleansing mantra that speaks to you at this exact moment.
- Enjoy the bath until you feel relaxed.
- When you’re ready to finish the ritual, take in a deep breath, envision yourself in a golden light and snuff out the candle.
The first thing to do is to clean your bath tube from old energies, for this a normal cleaning will be enough. Once it is done, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Epsom salt
- Chunks of sea salt
- Aromatic essential oils
- Incense or Palo-Santo or Sage
- Quartz crystals
Fill the bath tub with water and set the temperature at your convenience. When your bath is full, put the sea salt, the Epsom salt and the aromatic oil inside; then place the crystals around the bath tube.
Depending if you have incense, sage or palo-santo, purify the room in clockwise circles and place it somewhere. This helps to purify the ambient from unwanted energies.
Now you are going to consecrate your bath in order to activate its healing and soul cleansing properties. Put your right index in the water and do clockwise circles repeating
By the almighty, supreme being [Or your deity of choice], may this water receive your healing and cleansing powers
Of course you can choose any oration that might suit you. Now you can enter your bath listening to relaxing music or healing Icaros. Repeat this soul cleansing ritual bath as long as you feel the need to release energetic charges.
As we clean our physical body, the spiritual body should not be omitted in order to live a balanced everyday life.
Third Ritual- LunaOwl Favorite!
This one is for balance and protection.
Grab some salt [Himalayan or Sea Salt] about a 1% solution in your bathwater, you want the water to be warm enough to dissolve the salt.
Honey, about 1-2 tsp, just enough to dissolve in the water, and not enough to leave you sticky when you get out.
Rosemary- 3-4 sprigs if you have it fresh or dried, if you only have the dried version in your kitchen for cooking use about 2 Tbsps worth.
Incense- Sage, Palo Santo, Or whatever you have on hand that will help you cleanse the space.
Milk, Goats Milk, or Powdered Milk [Optional]
Crystals [if you have them]
Flower Petals [if you have them, Daisy, Rose, Lavender, etc]
Before Getting into the bath, cleanse your space with your incense, light your candles, turn on your relaxing music, set out your candles in a 4-5 corner arrangement, line your crystals on the side of the bathtub, and as you are stepping into the water ask for your deity to cleanse you and the waters you are about to immerse yourself in. Step into the bath and soak for about 20-30 minutes. As you relax in the water, clear your mind of all unwelcome thoughts and focus on your intention to let go of all stress and negativity. There is no right or wrong way to do this – as long as you’re relaxed and enjoying yourself.
Do not answer your phone, the door, or texts while you are in the cleansing bath. Take this time to relax and purge yourself of negative energy and influences.
When you are ready to leave the bath pick up one of your candles and say.
“As above, So Below, I Quench this light so I must Go.” Move your hand in a circle motion for the 4 corners and have a wonderful new moon ❤